What semantic means? is the study of meaning in communication.
So then what is Semantic Search?
Semantic Web, part of the new 3.0 technology is being used by the engines. Latent semantic indexing allows a search engine to determine what a page is about outside of specifically matching search query text.
This was not a big factor on Google, but all that has changed. Semantic Search is now at the core of its search engine technology. Read more…
Internet Marketing, SEO 3.0, Search Marketing
Email communication is terrible when you want to build a well-supported argument to convey a specific idea, or persuade the conversations to lead to an actionable outcome.
I have worked with clients online all the time, and I have learned that when the communication channel is about to get broken I do one of the following: a) I set up a meeting to go over things, and b) make a phone call if an in-person meeting is not possible.
When running projects, I use a Project Management method call SCRUM, it allows me to always have crisp and clear comunication–via email or in person–and update people about the project direction. This avoids conflict among the team.
Here is a link if you want to read more about SCRUM:
The first formal planning step when starting up a business, is to do an opportunity analysis by performing the following steps:
- Assessment of the opportunity
- Assessment of the entrepreneur (you)
- Specification of activities and resources needed to translate your idea into a viable business
- Source (or sources) of capital.
The opportunity analyses focuses on the opportunity itself, not the entire business venture. This analysis provides the basics for an entrepreneur to make a decision on whether or not to open a business. It is then when the business plan comes in place.
The reason I decided to talk about this on the Board, is because I didn’t know this. And I think from any entrepreneur’s standpoint, this information in chapter 6 is a big asset to my professional business development. As I intend to try for the second time to open up a business; I do feel information like this is what i missed on my first attempt. As for all of us, this raises our professional capital for anyone thinking about starting up a business or help run a business.
The SWOT analysis is most commonly use in marketing, but it can be used for other business proposes. In marketing, SWOT comes up quite often. In fact, when building an online marketing plan, the SWOT analysis is an essential part of it. So here is the skinny on SWOT analysis. SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Strengths: Consider the strengths of your business from your own perspective, but also from the customer perspective and ask these questions:
- What advantages does my organization have?
- What do I (or my business) do better than anyone else?
- What unique or lowest-cost resources can I draw upon that others can’t?
- And my favorite: What is my organization UPS (unique selling proposition)
Marketo has created a series of B2B Marketing Cheat Sheets tailor-made for B2B marketing professionals as a quick reference of topics including Social Media, Online Marketing, Marketing, twitter and facebook tips, marketing automation, lead scoring, lead nurturing and much more. They are not promotional materials but in fact educational to help enhance your education on these tipics.
One of the most common questions I get from my Joomla training students now is: “how do I make my Joomla site ready for mobile phones?”
There are two different paths to do this and the choice depends largely on whether you have a template or not.
1) Template Frameworks: If you’re looking for a template, choose one of the designers whose templates automatically adjust for mobile browsers. Click to visit this section. But there are many out there. Just “google Mobile Joomla templates.”
2) Template plus plugin: If you already have a template, there are systems that will provide both the mobile template and a plugin to detect when someone is visiting from a mobile phone. Read more…
Here is the first Ibero-American map of social networks. This map was created to provide the fullest possible information on major social networks Latin America.
Created by iRedes in Spain developed by Chiquite Esteban, director of Nuevas Narratives of lainformacion.com, an online publishing company in Spain.With documentation of Miguel Jorge , journalist Gentedigital.es and author of iBlog Read more…