Having a video showing up on Google organic is not the result of the usual application of SEO strategies. This is because a video on Google organic comes from a well coordinated plan of SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING (vital marketing) strategies.
This is call SMM (Social Media Marketing), Not SEO. Video Marketing is a whole different ball game. Very often, Search optimization can’t rank a video on Google organic as well as it does with other regular content pages. This is because Google’s video ranking factors come mostly from social activities.
Some example of factors:
- Linking video from other socia/video sites.
- Link video from different social networks and profiles like Facebook, Mysepsace, hi5, friendster, twitter, etc.
- authority and constant activity.
VERY IMPORTANT FOR RANKING:
- First and most important, you need to create a video site map. Creating a video site map is easy. Here are the five things you need to include in the site map:
3) Play page URL
4) Thumbnail image URL
Once you’ve collected this information, sign into Google webmaster tool and submit your video site map.x
- If the video is hosted in your site, make sure you include keyword information about it, in your page title, name of the video, or text around the video.
One tip: I would recommend introducing a place for people to leave comments. This will generate more natural keywords from users commenting about the video.
- Those videos need to generate comments and attract views and generate quiality of followers and quantity of followers.
- Need to reply to people on youtube for example, as well facebook (constant activity).
Generate User Authority
- High youtube presence and user activity makes videos more visible. Google does not preffer youtube, and you sholud post videos on other places.
- Free places to distribute online videos:
- twitvid.com (for twitter)
- bubbletweet.com (cool vid for twitter like and websites)
- TweetReel (for iPhone)
- MICROBLOGGING Tips for ranking factors:
- Again, introducing functionalities where viewers can leave comments about your videos will generate natural keywords and relevant content from users, which Google semantic search is now ranking as important factor.
- The ration of followers to the number of people following counts.
- Freshness and the number of time people people take to retweet what you tweet–with video links.
These are the key parts where you should focus:
- Include keywords in your video name, titles & description.
- Build a video library to make your channel more relevant
- Activate comments, rates, favorites through your channel
- Add a link to your website within the description
Among many other factors… which requires lots of time and effort (even more than SEO). SMO is another type of digital marketing campaign all together, but should be part of your overall online marketing plan.
Create a channel with multiple videos
NOTE TO KEEP IN MIND: Even though youtube or Google doesn’t look at video quality to rank videos, a good produced and interesting video is required to generate the social media traffic that subsequently will help your video rank high. I have studied video production in the past, and I will soon write a post about how to produce a good quality video for the web. In the mid-time, you can check out Media Trust Blog post Crash Course in Creating Compelling Product Videos as an starting point.
Related news and articles:
- Small Business Social Media Marketing eBook (slideshare.net)
- Using Facebook for SEO and Driving Traffic (shawndrewry.com)
- Social Media Optimization: SMO is the New SEO – Part 2 (briansolis.com)
- Can You Keep Ignoring Social Media? 10 Reasons Why You Just Can’t (blonde2dot0.com)
- What is Social Media Optimization (SMO)? (antonrsa.co.za)
Latest posts by By Mary (see all)
- Five Examples of Social Media Campaigns Guerrilla Style - March 25, 2017
- 15 Skills Freelancing Marketers Need - February 7, 2017
- Is a Career in Marketing a good idea?- Free certifications. - February 1, 2017