There are several ways to add Google maps to a wordpress post, but most of them requires going into the code or acquiring an API key from Google first, and then insert that into wordpress. There’s not need to do it this way. You can add Google maps very easily with Google Chrome extension Zemanta. It shows right next to any post you are edinting. All you do is type the address inside any article post, and automatically a map shows up on the right column (zemanta). You click on it and done!!
I only do coding for things that are worth spending time with.
To test this out right now, I’m going to type an address in this post.
A friend i have is located in Tampa, Florida.
Right after i type this location, a little map box shows to the right of this post. I clicked and there it is on top of this post.
Go try it and have fun!!!
- 20+ Top Google Chrome Extensions/Plugins for Bloggers and Web Developers (tipsblogger.com)
- Zemanta for Thunderbird & Outlook 2007 (zemanta.com)
- Inserting Google Maps into wordpress (wptricks.net)
- The story behind Zemanta Chrome extension (zemanta.com)
- Tutorial: Zemanta bookmarklet for Google Chrome (zemanta.com)